From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot properly start gdm
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 07:13:06
1 On 06/03/2016 09:14 AM, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi. I am having problems starting gdm using the latest from the gnome
3 > overlay. Its been going on for a while and started about end of March.
4 > Here is a log file of what goes on and I cannot get orca to even start,
5 > so something is definitely wrong here.
8 > https://covici.com/owncloud/index.php/s/DD4pmEiaD1CSmi9
9 >
10 > I hope some kind soul can help, this is getting frustrating.
11 >
12 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
15 The problem may be related to nautilus not working.
16 Try logging in at a console (tty) terminal and running startx
17 (startx is from the x11-apps/xinit package)