From: zhangweiwu@××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a multi-process browser?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 06:27:12
1 Philip Webb schrieb:
2 > 090215 zhangweiwu@××××××.com wrote:
3 >> Can I run firefox multi-process instead of multi-threads.
4 >> I hate to see the browser hang trying to open a huge webpage ( > 10 MB )
5 >
6 > A work-around is to download the file with Wget or Lynx,
7 > then open the result with Firefox after it has all arrived.
8
9 Yes, but then you already know the page is >10MB, right? Usually such
10 devil come as a surprise when you click open a google search result.
11
12 I don't know if in China network is specially boardband otherwise how to
13 explain the forums dare to allow dozens of hi-res photo posted in-line
14 of messages and web designers dare to design websites with a front page
15 of more than 3MB (e.g. our local tax office website contain huge picture
16 and flash on the front-page with several hundreds of links on it).