From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] requirements for a gentoo wlan accesspoint
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:43:31
1 Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > Hi people!
3 > I want to make my linux machine being a wlan access point for my other
4 > components like Notebook, Cell phone etc...
7 > Now the big question, what do I need to accomplish this?!
8 >
9 > like a wlan router where I would get a WPA2 key, I want the linux
10 > machine to act as a wlan router who offers WPA2 encrpytion.
13 > for any response I would thank you.
14
15 I don't really know much about running a wifi interface in AP mode on
16 Linux. I have an ASUS WL-330gE plugged into an interface on my Linux
17 router, where it serves as a simple AP. My router handles routing and
18 firewalling from there.
19
20 I *do* know that some wifi chipsets support running in AP mode, and some
21 don't. I don't know which.