From: Jeremy Olexa <olex.mail.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: /sys-demystifying-tool?
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 01:09:37
1 Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2 > I am looking for a tool, which makes /sys more humand readable. It dont
3 > need to have a gui or such...something like lspci would be
4 > sufficient.
5
6 It would be easier to help you if you explained exactly _what_ you are
7 trying to do? I assume you are trying to write udev rules because that
8 is the only thing I have used /sys for. I'll assume that is the case
9 with my reply:
10
11 Have you read the udev how-to?
12
13 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/udev-guide.xml
14 http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html
15
16 In particular...notice this part to parse /sys files:
17 http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html#identify-sysfs and
18 this command: udevinfo -a -p /sys/path/to/hardware/info
19
20 Hope that helps and maybe I assumed wrong...meh,
21 -Jeremy
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list