From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2 kernel config questions
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:21:01
1 2009/11/12 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>:
2 > 2) I notice that "scsi_wait_scan" *ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS* shows up as
3 > a module when I compile. Is there a way to compile it in?
4
5 No, due to the nature of what it does. It is designed to be loaded
6 after the modules that start probing hardware, to ensure they find the
7 device holding your root filesystem before booting continues. If your
8 SCSI drivers are built in, or you don't do async scanning, then you
9 don't need it.
10
11 Take a look at the help for SCSI_SCAN_ASYNC and in the comments by its
12 entry in drivers/scsi/Kconfig for more info.
13
14 Cheers,
15 Duane.
18 "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan