From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: configure.ac and Makefile.am easy_view ?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 16:10:44
1 On 03/28/2015 10:36 AM, James wrote:
2 > James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
5 >> Often, I need to inspect and ponder these files: configure.ac and Makefile
6 >> .am for a given ebuild. Is there an easy way to look at them with
7 >> compiling the ebuild ?
8 >
9 > oops,
10 >
11 > Should be : Often, I need to inspect and ponder these files: configure.ac
12 > and Makefile.am for a given ebuild. Is there an easy way to look at them
13 > *without* compiling the ebuild ?
16 Those files are part of the upstream tarball. The easiest way to fetch
17 the sources without compiling them is with `emerge -f`. Then you can
18 copy the tarball out of $DISTDIR and unpack it somewhere.
19
20 Some ebuilds may patch configure.ac or Makefile.am -- in that case it's
21 a little harder. I'm sure there's an elegant way to do it, but what I
22 usually do is begin to emerge the package and Ctrl-C it when it starts
23 compiling. Then you can find the sources under /var/tmp/portage.