From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: qt3support USE flag. Is it needed now?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 23:53:43
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 01:31 on Friday 08 October 2010, Dale did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > But I would still have to recompile again with the qt3support flag if it
5 > messed up badly. On this machine, that takes time. During that time, I
6 > may not have KDE at all. I did that when I made a mistake a while
7 > back. About 12 hours with no GUI. That was with some packages being
8 > binary and using -k. If I have to recompile them all, it would take
9 > longer still.
10 >
11 > Not something I want to repeat.
12 >
13 > Dale
16 I fail to see why you are even worried about this flag:
17
18 # equery size qt-qt3support
19
20 * x11-libs/qt-qt3support-4.6.3
21 Total files : 428
22 Total size : 7.37 MiB
25 If the presence of that teenyweeny package with the few things that require it
26 really is an issue for you, then I can state the following with complete
27 confidence:
28
29 You should not be using KDE4.
33 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com