From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: firefox managed by my organization?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 08:06:47
1 On 03/03/2020 00:16, n952162 wrote:
2 > I have a banner that says that "your browser is being managed by your
3 > organization".  Oh yeah?  I guess that would be gentoo.  How can I break
4 > that relationship?
5
6 I use firefox-bin and this:
7
8 qlist firefox-bin | grep json
9
10 reveals that the ebuild installs:
11
12 /opt/firefox/distribution/policies.json
13
14 which disables the built-in update check:
15
16 {
17 "policies": {
18 "DisableAppUpdate": true
19 }
20 }
21
22 Probably something similar is happening with the non-bin firefox ebuild.
25 > In particular, when I set my default home page (to blank), after
26 > properly exiting firefox and re-starting, I'm back to the mozilla home
27 > page and I get a mozilla privacy notice tab.  Is that "managed"?
28
29 Hm. Probably not. Something else might be causing this.