From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative to dvbcut
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 13:27:26
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 19:38:36 +0100, lee wrote:
4 >
5 >> since dvbcut isn't available in Gentoo and doesn't compile either,
6 >> what's the alternative?
7 >
8 > avidemux
9
10 I tried that some time ago and found it unable to keep the sound in
11 sync.
12
13 dvbcut works great to remove commercials, keeps the sound synced without
14 any ado and is easy to use. Cinelerra can't even deal with the
15 recordings, and I don't want to convert them before removing the ads.
16 Openshot crashes all the time. I don't need any of the extra features
17 cinelerra and openshot might have.
18
19 Perhaps I could extract dvbcut from a Debian or rpm package?
23 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
24 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.