From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg.conf (HDMI vs DVI-D)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:01:46
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Is the monitor doing overscan on HDMI?
5
6 I'd assume the monitor (HDMI input) is doing the overscan,
7 since HDMI is suppose to be 'smart'.
8 That what the link suggested.
9
10 > Is the ATI driver doing underscan on HDMI based on the assumption that
11 > the monitor will overscan?
12 NO, it works find with a dvi-d 2 dvi-d cable. The computer is
13 always dvi-d (to either dvi-d cable 1 or hdmi cable 2)..
14 so how could ati-driver be doing the hdmi (embedded) protocol?
15
16 > Check if your monitor on-screen menu has overscan settings (or change
17 > it to "PC Mode" or something, the manufacturers all have different
18 > terminology). Otherwise if it has no settings you'll have to conitunue
19 > messing with the ATI drivers instead.
20
21 NO, the only pc setting is when you use a standard 15 pin
22 VGA cable and no protocol to adjust scan or scan ratesss....
25 I'm guessing I stuck with xorg.conf machinations.....
26 (oh boy, here we go again......)
27
28 Ideas?
31 James