From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Automatically copy a file to a different location after package install/update
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 09:01:24
1 On Tue, 10 May 2016 10:53:03 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > Currently, I have to manually remember to copy the schema across when I
4 > update the ftp-server. Is there a way to set up a little script that
5 > will automatically copy the schema file to a different location after a
6 > successful install/update without having to patch the ebuild-files.
7 > (manually copying is less error-prone)
8
9 You can define hooks in /etc/portage/bashrc and /etc/portage/env that are
10 run at various stages of the ebuild. A post_install hook in
11 /etc/portage/env/cat/ftp-server should do what you want.
12
13 https://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/doc/portage.html#config-bashrc-ebuild-phase-hooks
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 A great many people mistake opinions for thoughts. -- Herbert V. Prochnow