From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge sync
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:02:42
1 On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 21:59 +0100, Cédric FINANCE wrote:
2 > The Link quality is not supported by the driver (ndiswrapper). I am
3 > connected to an irc server and I have no problems.
4
5 irc as in chatting? irc hardly does anything to stress your hardware!!
6
7 > I don't think that
8 > the problem come from the wireless connection.
9
10 No? Some network cards work fine until you pass large amounts of data
11 through them, at which point they fall over and in some cases crash the
12 entire system. It's often a driver problem - I've seen it many times.
13
14 > It might have something
15 > to do with the rsync protocol,
16
17 only inasmuch as the rsync protocl stresses your network card.
18
19 > the modem or my ISP. But I don't know how
20 > to figure out where the problem is.
21
22 do you have a LAN as well? You could try that out. Otherwise I would
23 look for an alternative .inf file to use with ndiswrapper (from windows
24 NT instead of windows XP for example), or look for a native linux driver
25 for your network card.
26
27 HTH,
28 --