From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Optimal time to 'emerge world'?
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 02:01:26
1 On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:07:30 -0800 gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com> wrote:
2 | Just wondering if there was an "optimal" time to update one's system.
3 | Meaning, is there a global/bulk "cvs commit" done once a day, that we
4 | should wait for? Especially concerned about security patches - can we
5 | *safely* assume that if the GLSA is out, that the updated versions are
6 | available?
7
8 Under normal circumstances, CVS to rsync runs every half hour, with up
9 to an hour and a half(?)'s lag depending upon which rsync mirror you
10 use. As for commits, most of us are European or American, so there're a
11 few hours in the day (~UTC0500) when things are really quiet, but apart
12 from that there's no real timing.
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm