From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg-6.8 --> xorg-7.0 --> 6.8 --> 7.0 impossible?
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:44:08
1 I had some trouble upgrading to xorg-x11-7.0 due to a mouse issue so I
2 downgraded back to xorg-x11-6.8 via the -K emerge option. Now I'm
3 trying to get back to 7.0 to test the fix and I can't seem to do it.
4 After unmerging 6.8, 7.0 emerges just fine without or without the -K
5 option. Trying to startxfce4 after that results in an xinit error and
6 there are other "missing file" X errors before I get to the command
7 line (I use gdm).
8
9 Something must be out of order, but I don't know enough about xorg to
10 determine what. 'emerge -avDuN world' doesn't come up with anything.
11 Does this issue make sense to anyone or do I need to come up with some
12 specific error messages?
13
14 - Grant
15 --