From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble with broadcom wireless
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:05:41
1 At Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:23:40 +0100 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 21:24:00 -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >
5 >> I have build b43 as both a kernel module and as a built-in component.
6 >> But neither eth1 nor wlan0 exist for either kernel configuration (eth0
7 >> is the hardwired ethernet)
8 >
9 > Are you sure this is a B43xx devices, the lspci output doesn't specify?
10 > Some Dells use a different Broadcom card that needs the
11 > net-wireless/broadcom-sta module to be emerged.
12
13 (I tried Mick's kernel settings, but with no effect).
14
15 Neil's suggestion to use broadcom-sta was the solution. It took some
16 effort to get the module to build, but was possible.
17
18 thank you both.
19 allan gottlieb