From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage option "--changed-use" not working?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 08:42:13
1 On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:34:52 -0500
2 "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 08:23:18PM -0600, ??Q?? wrote
5 >
6 > > Thanks for the points you've made about how removal of a flag a user
7 > > doesn't have enabled could still affect the user. I think I'll
8 > > still use --changed-use routinely and also periodically run an
9 > > update with --newuse.
10 >
11 > What's the longest that most software on Gentoo goes without an
12 > update? The next update would, by definition, fix any breakage caused
13 > by a dropped flag.
16 What's the largest number of bugs users will open on bgo if portage
17 makes the wrong decision?
22 Alan McKinnnon
23 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com