From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing portage.* file to a directory.
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 08:49:23
1 On Samstag 03 Oktober 2009, Dale wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Samstag 03 Oktober 2009, Dale wrote:
4 > >> Hi folks,
5 > >>
6 > >> I'm wanting to change the portage.* files to a directory since portage
7 > >> has been supporting this for while now. I have a question tho. I have
8 > >> a few files that are not currently "active". I have them named
9 > >> package.keyword.old and a few others with other things attached to the
10 > >> end. Naturally I don't want to include those files but want to hang
11 > >> onto the files. Is there something that I can do when naming them that
12 > >> will tell portage to ignore them? Maybe like putting a "#" in front of
13 > >> the name or something?
14 > >>
15 > >> Thanks.
16 > >>
17 > >> Dale
18 > >>
19 > >> :-) :-)
20 > >
21 > > ???
22 > >
23 > > just create package.use/keyword/unmask/mask directory, but do not put the
24 > > files you don't want to be considered into them.
25 >
26 > So I'll have to store them somewhere else huh? That will work I guess.
27 > Hmmm, /root I guess. Would be nice to have them all in one place tho.
28 >
29 > Thanks much.
30 >
31 > Dale
32 >
36 no, just let them linger in /etc/portage
37
38 as long as they don't end on *keyword *use *mask *unmask they won't get
39 considered.