From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem merging meson with setuptools. Requesting setuptools-45
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 20:24:56
1 On 2020-02-13 19:59, james wrote:
2
3 > equery depends setuptools | grep meson
4
5 I find the equery d and g operations much less useful than they sound at
6 the start, because they are coarse wrt USE flags. If any portage
7 developers are reading - fixing this would be a huge help. Or having a
8 new tool for searching dependencies while taking USE flags into account.
9
10 I am aware that such a thing would be very close to "emerge -p". Maybe it
11 would have to be identical to it? :-)
14 Ian