From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 22:41:57
1 On Thursday 07 Jul 2011, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Well, I'm going to send this then open Konsole. See if it locks up again.
4
5 There was a fairly well documented problem, on the Gentoo fora at least, with
6 the nvidia drivers, Xorg-server-1.10, KDE 4.6 and Konsole. I had it on several
7 machines that locked up as soon as you resized konsole. The solution was to
8 fall-back to Xorg 1.9 server and drivers. However, with the latest Xorg
9 drivers and nvidia drivers, the problem is solved:
10
11 [I] x11-base/xorg-drivers (1.11@01/07/11): Meta package containing deps on all
12 xorg drivers
13 [I] x11-base/xorg-server (1.10.2@25/06/11): X.Org X servers
14 [I] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers (275.09.07@25/06/11): NVIDIA X11 driver and GLX
15 libraries
16
17 I am running kernel 2.6.39-r2 but i don't believe that is critical.
18
19 HTH
20 -Robin
21 --
22 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
23 Robin Atwood.
24
25 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
26 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
27 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling
40 Robin Atwood.
41 mobile: +91 9986 037121