From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 21:33:31
1 Am Dienstag, 18.02.2014 um 14:09
2 schrieb Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>:
3
4 > >> I can't for the life of me think of any reason that server daemons
5 > >> like postfix, dovecot, apache, etc would or could ever *require*
6 > >> systemd.
7 >
8 > > Neither of those packages would ever require systemd (nor any init
9 > > system). If they do, I would call that a bug.
10 >
11 > Then why should XFCE requiring it also not be a bug?
12 >
13 > I totally get XFCE *supporting* the use of logind, but why should it
14 > ever support *only* logind? That would seem insane to me.
15
16 I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but I'm using XFCE, thunar
17 and nautilus without systemd and everything is working fine.