From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] suppressing the 'would you like to add --pretend' prompt when using emerge --ask
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 03:04:09
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 18:59:57 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> Also, I've always used '-v' rather than '-a', as it's simpler.
5 >>> It's not simpler, it's different.
6 >> Oh dear (red face) : I meant to write '-p' ...
7 > I'm sure you can find an exotic keymap to blame it on, one where v and p
8 > are adjacent ;-)
9 >
10 > I still think -a is simpler, and faster, as using -p when you intend to do
11 > the emerge for real afterwards means running two commands. The whole
12 > point of adding -a was to save us having to do that any more.
16 I sometimes call it independent finger thinking. In other words, my
17 brain was thinking one thing but my finger was thinking something else.
18 I hate when that happens tho, which is why I try to proof my emails at
19 least twice and sometimes even more. :/
20
21 What would be nice, if we could do the same before we open our mouths in
22 normal conversation. My foot tastes bad. lol
23
24 Dale
25