From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck + emerge => crash
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:05:25
1 On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 20:01 +0100, Loupy wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > I got a power here, which after I had to run fsck... well there where
5 > some troubled Inodes and I choosed yes to repair them.
6 > So far so good, system booted well, but now I cannot emerge anything
7 > at all.
8
9 [...]
10 >
11 > well, what would you advice me to do?
12
13 My advice would have been to do periodic backups. But I guess it's too
14 late for that.
15
16 For the encoding error, that character qualifies as latin1 (â) so maybe
17 it's an issue where your system (or python) encoding got out of wack.
18 You may be able to fix it easily changing that, but my guess is along
19 the way you'll find little errors here and there with other things
20 (that's why backups are so handy).
21
22 -a