From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Writing to tty01 (serial port) in simple straight forward way...?!?
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 12:08:12
1 Hi,
2
3 I want to send commands to ttyO1 (serial port on an embedded system).
4 The commands are one line each and terminated with CRL/LF (aka "DOS").
5
6 Since this will be done from a batch script, it should be possible
7 via commandline tools and non-interactively. The serial port is
8 already setup up the right way.
9
10 I tried
11
12 echo -n"blablabal\x0a\x0d"
13
14 , which was accepted (no error) but does not acchieve anything.
15 The command was cat'n'paste from the documentation of the manufacturer
16 of the chip (a GPS receiver module).
17
18 I tried different commands. All were directly send to /dev/null inside
19 the chip it seems...
20
21 Is there any other simple straight forward method of writing
22 successfully to a serial port (only RX/TX are connected) without
23 dealing with minicom or advanced serial port programming in C?
24
25 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
26
27 Best regards,
28 mcc