From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc upgrade
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 03:03:56
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On 07/10/2010 04:16 AM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> Hello,
9 >>>>
10 >>>> I just updated the portage tree and gcc was upgraded. I have set gcc to
11 >>>> the newer version
12 >>>>
13 >>>> -> gcc-config -l
14 >>>> [1] i686-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.4
15 >>>> [2] i686-pc-linux-gnu-4.4.3 *
16 >>>>
17 >>>> and I am trying to rebuild the whole system with
18 >>>>
19 >>>> emerge -e system
20 >>>> emerge -e world
21 >>>>
22 >>>> assuming this all goes without trouble (will take a while), should I
23 >>>> unmerge version 4.3.4?
24 >>>>
25 >>> There's no reason to. Unless you don't need it anymore.
26 >>>
27 >>>
28 >> Or he doesn't like cruft or needs the drive space.
29 >>
30 >> Is rebuilding the whole system needed for that upgrade tho?
31 >>
32 >> Dale
33 >>
34 >> :-) :-)
38 > Not needed but I'm doing it.
39 >
40 > - Mark
44 I'm not going to tell you not to. I usually do at least a emerge -e
45 system myself. I at least want to make certain I can boot up. I'm not
46 fond of doing the chroot thing. :/
47
48 Hope everything compiles fine.
49