From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sound card stopped working after kernel rebuild
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:44:25
1 On Monday 30 January 2006 09:58 Robert Crawford was like:
2 > I think "EMU10K1_Audigy: probe of 0000:02:09.0 failed with error -12"
3 > might have something to do with modprobe failing with a new kernel.
4 >
5 > Maybe try rebuilding .module-init-tools against your new kernel? Just a
6 > guess.
7
8 I tried rebuilding module-init-tools. It didn't work unfortunately.
9
10 The weird thing is that I don't have a new kernel in the sense of new version
11 or different patches. I simply changed the config. And when I changed it back
12 again to what it was before, it no longer worked the same way as it had
13 before, with that same config.
14
15 One thought. I have been playing around trying to get acpi sleep to work, but
16 with only limited success and a lot of freezes and other misbehaviour. It is
17 also known that emu10k1 doesn't play well with sleep. Might I have changed
18 some bios setting or something during one of those freezes? Could something
19 like that account for emu10k1 not behaving the same way with the same kernel?
20
21 Many thanks
22 Robert
23 --
24 Robert Persson
25 ireneshusband@××××××××.fm
26 YahooMessenger:ireneshusband
27
28 Conspiracy Bears:
29 Once upon a time there were lots of conspiracy bears...
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list