From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] tensorflow-2.3.1 failed to compile"
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 09:14:48
1 A week ago, on October 10, 2020, tensorflow-2.3.1 gracefully failed
2 to compile with the following
3 ERROR: sci-libs/tensorflow-2.3.1::gentoo failed (compile phase)
4 and a few weeks before tensorflow-2.2.0-r2 caused a dependency
5 conflict during a regular system update, so I updated my system
6 excluding tensorflow and on October 10 tried, after another update
7 excluding tensorflow, tried to update it to the last available
8 version. Before doing it, I also unmasked some of its most recent
9 dependencies (I think it was protobuf-3.13.0) to avoid dependency
10 conflict.
11
12 Any thoughts on how to proceed with this obstacle other than to
13 depclean tensorflow and try to reinstall it again?
14
15 The problem is that all versions of tensorflow and almost all of its
16 dependencies are masked by default. So it is almost impossible to
17 guess which versions of them should be unmasked for the successful
18 compilation.
19
20 Is there any hope that in the future at least some version of
21 tensorflow will be considered "stable" in Gentoo?