From: Mohamed Hazem <cviruss@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best Modem for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:05:55
1 On Wednesday 26 April 2006 16:35, Michael Crute wrote:
2 > I am trying to setup a fax server using Gentoo, I tried using an Intel
3 > 536ep chipset card with little success. After looking around the
4 > general consensus seems to be go with US Robotics. Can anyone provide
5 > the model and manufacture of a fax modem that is known to work with
6 > both Gentoo any Hylafax? Right now I am running the most recent
7 > gentoo-sources but I am not opposed to going back to the older 2.4
8 > sources. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
11 Well ... Any modem with the NetoDragon chip should work with Linux 2.6.x
12 series using the SmartLink modem driver {slmdm} .