From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole, Gentoo and colors
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 22:17:45
1 On Saturday 29 March 2008, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > I've got a problem with the colors that are used in Gentoo stuff.
3 > I run KDE, and my terminals are generally konsoles.
4 > The colors used by portage, ls and vim always seem to have
5 > portions that are unreadable because of low contrast -- the
6 > text blends into the background.
7 >
8 > I've tried different konsole schemata, and find that different things
9 > work for different purposes, but there's no one schema that I
10 > can just leave in place and forget.
11 >
12 > I use 'light paper' for starters. The 'linux colors' scheme is good
13 > for some things, but I the darker colors don't show up well on it
14 > (blue in particular), and I pretty much avoid dark backgrounds
15 > when I can because I think they're depressing and they give
16 > me eyestrain.
17
18 I've always used Linux Colours, on crt and on lcd displays. Contrast
19 works fine for me. What display device do you use?
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list