From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] vmware-workstation & virtualbox crash - Any ideas?
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 17:36:26
1 I can't get either vmware-workstation or virtualbox to work. Either
2 software's forums have been no help and you guys are my last hope.
3
4 I've tried vmware-workstation-6.5.0 and 6.5.1. Either one crashes
5 when clicking the "Create a new virtual machine" button with "Invalid
6 partition map found". I have:
7
8 sda1 Boot Primary Linux ext2 41.13
9 sda2 Primary Linux swap / Solaris 518.20
10 sda3 Primary Linux ext3 319511.01
11
12 The user is in the vmware group and I've started the vmware services.
13
14 With virtualbox, I get sort of a partial system freeze when I try to
15 start a virtual machine for the first time. There is no terminal
16 output. The user is in the vboxusers group and I've loaded the
17 necessary kernel module. I've tried 1.6.6 and 2.0.6.
18
19 Does anyone have any sort of idea on either of these?
20
21 - Grant