From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and initramfs
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 20:34:29
1 On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:09:41 +0100, thegeezer wrote:
2
3 > > I posted a script fragment that compares the contents of the kernel's
4 > > initramfs config file with the live filesystem. Dracut users could use
5 > > the same method by parsing the output from lsinitrd.
6
7 > the script you posted referenced /usr/src/init.cfg -- not sure if this
8 > is a dracut thing but i don't have that.
9
10 It's the kernel's initramfs config file, or at least the location I use
11 (the location is set in the kernel config)
12
13 > i was actually thinking something like the following (warning needs
14 > work)
15 >
16 > #!/bin/bash
17 > # get contents of lsinitrd | awk for month,day,time, /filename | list
18 > the awked filename
19
20 There's no need to get the timestamps from the initramfs, just the list
21 of files. Then you compare the timestamp of the ones in your root
22 filesystem with the timestamp of the file containing the initramfs. it
23 saves parsing and comparing all those dates, just use the shell's -nt
24 test. The only difference between using it with Dracut or the kernel's
25 initramfs is how you generate the file list.
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 Press every key to continue.