From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB crucial file recovery
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 07:38:48
1 On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 06:46:54 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > So I'm done with NTFS forever. Will ext2 somehow allow me to use the
4 > > USB stick across Gentoo systems without permission/ownership problems?
5 > >
6 > > - Grant
7 >
8 > ext2 will work, but you'll have to mount it or chmod -R 0777, or only
9 > root will be able to access it.
10
11 That's not true. Whoever owns the files and directories will be able to
12 access then, even if root mounted the stick, just like a hard drive. If
13 you have the same UID on all your systems, chown -R
14 youruser: /mount/point will make everything available on all systems.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 As long as you do not move you can still choose any direction.