From: Ptitjack <jacmonti@×××××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] troubles with ati-drivers-8.25.18
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:43:00
1 Mauro Arnoldi a gentiment tapote:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > I installed a new Gentoo system, but I find big problems with ati drivers and
5 > 3D acceleration. I have followed the wiki howto but now I receive this error
6 > message
7 >
8 > #fglrxinfo
9 > Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
10 > display: :0.0 screen: 0
11 > OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
12 > OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
13 > OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.5)
14 >
15 > I saw the Troubleshooting:
16 > If fglrxinfo says "mesa3d.org" instead of "ATI" after A SUCCESSFUL modprobe of
17 > fglrx, but nothing changes.
18 > I include my configuration, hoping that someone can help me out of this
19 > mess...
20 >
21 > kernel version: 2.6.16-gentoo-r9
22 > in "Character Devices":
23 > /dev/agpgart (AGP Support) M
24 > ATI chipset support M
28 Hi,
29
30 I think you have to disable ATI chipset support in Character Devices
31 (/dev/agpgart must be enabled as module).
32 I Hope it will help.
33
34 Regards,
37 - Ptitjack -