From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How does module-rebuild know what's installed?
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 22:41:42
1 On Saturday 06 October 2007 00:13:20 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > Howdy, every time I try to run module-rebuild on one of my systems it
3 > tries to emerge nvidia-legacy-drivers, which is no longer in portage.
4 > It's no big deal because I can obviously emerge the packages that need
5 > to be rebuilt manually, but I wanted to try and remove whatever is
6 > causing it to try to emerge this package. How can I fix this? Thanks!
7
8 Eh.. `module-rebuild del x11-drivers/nvidia-legacy-drivers` ? But to answer
9 the question in the subject field packages that inherit linux-mod get added
10 to the moduledb (which happens to reside in /var/lib/module-rebuild/moduledb)
11 by that eclass.
14 Bo Andresen