From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] 64-bit blues: ndiswrapper
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 02:12:10
1 The built-in Atheros AR5006EG wireless adapter in my Acer Aspire 4720Z
2 laptop doesn't work with madwifi-ng yet. ndiswrapper is reported to
3 work on ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net but there is no 64-bit driver
4 listed. I've found a 64-bit Vista driver but ndiswrapper doesn't work
5 with Vista drivers. Is there any way to use a 32-bit driver with
6 ndiswrapper on a 64-bit system?
7
8 If this wireless card is impossible to use on a 64-bit Linux system I
9 guess I'll buy a PCI Express or USB card. Any form factor,
10 manufacturer, or chipset recommendations?
11
12 - Grant
13
14 P.S. 64-bits just aren't worth it on the desktop.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list