From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DHCP and deny clients
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 04:35:44
1 On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:39:14 +0800
2 Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I have a gentoo server and a laptop both running dhcp (server) at home.
7 > the server serves clients at home.
8 > the laptop, serves client at NON-home places.
9 >
10 > when I plug my laptop into the home, clients will get to my laptop's
11 > dhcp server instead of the home server's dhcp.
12 >
13 > is there a directive which can be used such that I can deny a (specific)
14 > list of mac addresses from requesting addresses??
17 2 options afaict:
18
19 1. have 2 different runlevels, one starts the server, the other doesn't. Boot the relevant one in each situation. Or if you don't reboot, simply change runlevels as you go in and out of the house.
20
21 2. Get one of those nifty programs that discovers what network you are attached to and configures your laptop accordingly. I cannot remember what any of them are called sorry.
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list