From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual booting with Windows 10
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 11:10:01
1 On Monday, 18 September 2017 11:52:13 BST Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday, 18 September 2017 08:53:01 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > I mean the things that "bootctl status" displays. I've already disabled
4 > > the unwanted ones in the UEFI BIOS's list of bootable kernels, but
5 > > bootctl still shows them and won't remove them.
6 >
7 > Have you deleted/moved the xxx.efi files and these continue to be shown in
8 > bootctl?
9
10 There's only the one, but yes:
11
12 # find /boot -name \*.efi
13 /boot/EFI/systemd/systemd-bootx64.efi
14
15 > Have you tried using efibootmgr to delete them?
16
17 Ah! That looks like just what I need. I should have thought of it myself,
18 but thanks for the nudge.
19
20 Now to start poking about where angels fear to tread...
23 Regards,
24 Peter.