From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 19:06:26
1 On 07/09/2011 08:16 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 07/09/2011 04:49 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> OK. Back to the original thread.
4 >>
5 >> Here we go again. Everything seems to work EXCEPT Firefox. When I log
6 >> into KDE, I can run Seamonkey, Kpat, Konqueror, Konsole, gkrellm and
7 >> such but as soon as I start Firefox, it locks up tight.
8 >
9 > Try to temporarily remove your .mozilla directory:
10 >
11 > mv ~/.mozilla ~/mozilla-backup
12 >
13 > And then start FF. This is just to see if some setting is at fault.
14
15 Btw, before you move the directory back later, always remove the newly
16 created directory (rm -r ~/.mozilla), or else "mv ~/mozilla-backup
17 ~/.mozilla" will not do what you think it will do.