From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] VirtualBox UI
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:31:39
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: pat@××××××××.org <pat@××××××××.org>
3 Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2021 12:53 PM
4 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VirtualBox UI
6
7 On 2021-08-21 21:11, tastytea wrote:
8 > On 2021-08-21 20:42+0200 pat@××××××××.org wrote:
9 >
10 >> Hi,
11 >>
12 >> I didn't use VirtualBox for a while and I find out that
13 >> virtualbox-bin package has dissapeard. So I've installed virtualbox
14 >> 6.1.22 but there's missing VurtualBox command to tun graphical
15 >> management. Is there other UI for VirutalBox?
18 I believe libvirt is capable of managing VirtualBox based VMs as well, but the official UI is definitely superior if you're only managing a single host.
19
20 If you haven't used it in a while, note that Oracle has changed the license on their extensions such that any activity with even the faintest hint of educational or commercial purposes now requires purchasing a license. Last I looked the minimum purchase quantity was about $10,000 worth.
21
22 LMP