From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Regex question
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:34:29
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 17:39 +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
4 > I want to filter the strings; ? <something> http:// or ? <something?
5 > https:// or ? <something> ftp:// from URLs in apache. I know i need to
6 > escape ? but i'm not sure about /
7
8 / needs to be escaped in perl if your regex delimiters are / as well,
9 but here you use ' so I would _hope_ that you don't need \/\/ sort of
10 syntax. YMMV.
11
12 > and i've used '(something|otherthing|whatever)' to make the 'or's
13 > work.
14
15 I usually do perl, but it should be the same... Actually on reading
16 further, "Apache uses Perl Compatible Regular Expressions provided by
17 the PCRE library." Neat. You should be viewing this with a fixed width
18 font too :)
19
20 > <LocationMatch '(\?.*http:\/\/|\?.*https:\/\/|\?.*ftp"\/\/)'>
21 typo here==============================================^
22
23 how about taking the common bits out of the ()
24 '\?.*(http|https|ftp)://'
25
26 and it's good practise to use ^ if that's what you're expecting:
27 '^\?.*(http|https|ftp)://'
28
29 > Order allow,deny
30 > Deny from all
31 > </LocationMatch>
32 >
33 > is that regex correct? Will egrep use the exact same regex syntax (so
34 > i can use it to check?)
35
36 I think they're essentially the same, with the exception of some classes
37 (like [:punct:] or [\d]). egrep may need some extra escaping so as not
38 to confuse your shell. The best way to test is to use the real program,
39 so see if you can get info out of your logs to help.
40
41 hth,
45 I tripped over a hole that was sticking up out of the ground.
48 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list