From: Marat BN <maratbn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HTML5 player (YouTube) is a pain!...Alternatives?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 07:33:56
1 I've been running the youtube-flash-player Firefox addon
2 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-flash-player/ for
3 several months now with decent results. It just reverts YouTube back to
4 the old Flash video player. It's been working well for me. I'm not
5 affiliated with it and I recommend it.
8 -- Marat
11 -------- Original Message --------
12 Subject: [gentoo-user] HTML5 player (YouTube) is a pain!...Alternatives?
13 From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
14 To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
15 Date: 11/28/2016 10:42 PM
16 > Hi,
17 >
18 > I get sick of this [CESNORED] HTML5 stuff coming from YouTube!
19 > Most of the videos while playayaingnaying arereare stututterutering
20 > liiklike helellell.
21 >
22 > I tested a lot of HTML5 addons to fix that problem and googled
23 > around the world but nothing helps. The only thing I found is an
24 > iconic sentence, which is true in this case also:
25 > "You are not alone...!".
26 >
27 > Is there any way to feed the stream from youtube direktly into
28 > a not blown player like mpv/mplayer or such (I would prefer
29 > not to load a complete gui (vlc) with any click again and again.)?
30 >
31 > Thanks for any help in advance!
32 > Cheers
33 > Meino
34 >
35 > PS: For the completeness:
36 > I have tried to fix that problem by:
37 > Restarting firefox
38 > Disabling hardware acceleration
39 > Disabling webgl
40 > Checking, whether the YouTube-testpage shows "all ok" for HTML5 (it does)
41 > Checking various about:config-setting for usefulness
42 > De-/Installing various addons, which all promise the heaven on earth