From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fetch restriction bypass
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:46:39
1 On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 04/30/12 14:20, james wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> OK so I have java that I must use, but it is
6 >> "fetch restricted" becasue of Oracle being
7 >> an a_hole.
8 >>
9 >> However, I do not have time to manually bypass the fetch restrction
10 >> every time the file needs to be updated, as I manage
11 >> too many different gentoo systems.
12 >
13 > As far as I know, for legal reasons, Gentoo doesn't provide an automated
14 > way to violate the upstream license (no matter how asinine).
15 >
16 > You'll have to script something.
17
18 Does the ebuild for portage support user-supplied patches?
21 :wq