From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dlna &amp; Gentoo
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 23:09:13
1 On 29 Jan 2010, at 15:14, James wrote:
2 > ... Surely there is an integrated product that feature embedded
3 > linux on a uP and user friendly with browser other than IExploder....?
4
5 The office of CTO posted this to Dell's Linux mailing list today:
6
7 ... (yes, source code is available, minus any non-open-source
8 components of course). But there are also components
9 which are not open source licensed, for a variety of
10 reasons (strategic choice, license by the authors if
11 not Dell, ...
12
13 I feel this statement characterises embedded Linux. :(
14
15 If you want to feel free, may I recommend an Ibiza mix, maybe a little
16 Dave Pearce, on your headphones. :D
17
18 Or build it yourself. :/
19