From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unwanted dependecies
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:17:03
1 On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:51:16 +0200, Jure Varlec wrote:
2
3 > Note: you might remember I wrote that oo.org used to be compiled with
4 > USE="eds", which pulls these in along with other stuff indirectly
5 > through gnome-extra/evolution-data-server. It was the reason these libs
6 > were installed in the first place. The dependency problem I'm
7 > describing, however, is independent from that and was present even
8 > after I recompiled oo.org without "eds".
9
10 How did you disable that USE flag? AIUI equery works with global USE
11 flags, so if emerge --info still shows eds, equery will think OOo depends
12 on it, no matter what you have in /etc/portage.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 This screen intentionally left blank.