From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is 2008.0_beta2 stable enough?
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 12:52:38
1 On Sunday 25 May 2008, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > The other day I was reinstalling on my Thinkpad T61 and got into a
3 > deadlock after booting from a 2007.0 minimal CD. I forget which two
4 > system packages could not be upgraded without first upgrading the
5 > other*, but there was no way out. I solved it by booting from the
6 > 2008 beta CD.
7 >
8 > * I think one was BASH, but the other escapes me for the moment.
9
10 Probably bash and python
11
12 Nasty one that, there is a way out but you have to read the ebuilds in
13 detail first to get the right update path though the various versions.
14
15 Or force build one then rebuild both
18 Alan McKinnon
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com