From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Regex question
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 01:38:46
1 > > I just wanted to comment something about Iain's suggestion:
2 > >
3 > > '^\?.*(http|https|ftp)://'
4 > >
5 > > If you add that '^' you're assuming that's the beginning of
6 > the string (as
7 > > you may already know); the thing is I cannot see the cases
8 > where your URL
9 > > starts with '?', the characters, and finally protocol and
10 > rest of URL. I
11 > > mean, I can understand you found that string somewhere in
12 > the URL, but I
13 > > don't see it being like that from the very beginning.
14
15 Thanks guys. I know ^ and will omit it as the ? Is not at the beginning of the string.
16
17 I'll try '\?.*(http|https|ftp)://'
18 --
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list