From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: RAID help
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 18:10:07
1 On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:42:18PM +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > mdadm --create --auto=mdp --verbose /dev/md_d0 --level=mirror --raid-devices=2
4 > /dev/sda /dev/sdb
5 >
6 > which is thereafter partitioned with fdisk. This is the one I have used in
7 > the past.
8 >
9 > Which one is preferable, or what are the pros & cons of each?
10
11 For a basic RAID1, the best is to keep it as simple as possible. So
12 mirroring while disk looks better. It will also keep MBR/GPT synced.
13
14 I tend to make manual partitions that I mirror but this is because I
15 usually require to do more complex setups (e.g. mixing mirror types), or
16 because I need to have the setup more flexible.
19 Nicolas Sebrecht