From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vnc weirdness as a user, works as root
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:45:35
1 On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 00:51 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 9/20/06, William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3 > > I installed tightvnc on a relatively new system and find that mouse
4 > > clicks are not being registered (both using the browser and vncviewer
5 > > clients). Occurs with both the fluxbox and twm window managers. The
6 > > mouse cursor moves over the screen ok, just no "clicks" are being
7 > > recognised. The mouse works fine on a local (non-vnc - gnome) X desktop
8 > > as the same user.
9 >
10 > Have you double checked that the "View only" option is *not* on? This
11 > would be on the "options..." dialog when you run vncviewer [1].
12 >
13 > -Richard
14 >
15 > [1] http://www.tightvnc.com/screenshots.html
16
17 Its not on (the cursor looks different when its on, and cant move it
18 which I can do - just cant click as a user.
19
20 Also the link you give is for a windows user! Thats not going to help
21 much as its gentoo on both ends :)
22
23 BillK
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list