From: Mark <znxster@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] linux symlink?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:24:22
1 On 04/02/07, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
2 > I have no idea how I could do that, I just would build the kernel using
3 > .config. I suppose it's not important, but a unhappy message about it
4 > sometimes appear in the boot messages...
5
6 My understand is that System.map can be used to regenerate a
7 modules.dep file, in case the modules directory took to a disaster.
8
9 depmod -F /boot/System.map-version
10
11 Thus fixing?
12
13 Also the LFS comment actually states:
14 "must not be created on an LFS system as it can cause problems for packages"
15
16 I'll take a swipe at the fact that certain packages under the LFS
17 method will not install.
18
19 Thanks
20 Mark