From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emacs and info dir
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:47:03
1 felix@×××××××.com writes:
2
3 > Two things wrong with that. First, I have eselect'ed emacs-23, yet I
4 > still see what I believe to be emacs-21 info (I have been looking at
5 > the macro help in particular; maybe there is a better way of finding
6 > the info version). Second, eselect only shows the emacs-22 and
7 > emacs-23 options, which presumably correspond to the two subdirs of
8 > the same name, but I still have the three year old .gz info files
9 > which are probably the emacs-21 files, and which is what info finds.
10
11 I know that this is not much help to you, but it works for me. I am
12 currently running emacs-23. If, in a normal user bash session I type
13 'info emacs' it tells me it is for version 23.0.50. I then changed to
14 emacs-22 using eslect in a root session. Back in the original user
15 session I then typed 'source /etc/profile' (to pick up the changes made
16 by eslect) then ran 'info emacs' and it indicated it was for version
17 22.1. This is, I believe, the expected behaviour.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list