From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something's messed up my mimetypes
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 16:11:40
1 Wol:
2 ...
3 > How do I find out what mimetypes are associated with an application?
4 > Going the other way is a simple "System Settings" options, except that
5 > (a) I don't have a clue what half these mimetypes are, and (b) I don't
6 > fancy going through ALL of them one by one looking for the program in
7 > question. Oh - and I searched the web which kindly pointed me to the
8 > config file .local/share/applications/defaults.list - except it doesn't
9 > exist ...
10 >
11 > All I want to do is find out what extensions Kate has tagged itself onto
12 > - what it thinks it's going to do with a dot-iso I *do* not know!
13
14 Don't know about Kate, but there is a file /etc/mailcap on my system,
15 see mailcap(4) [1] for details.
16
17 Regards,
18 /Karl Hammar
19
20 [1] "mailcap(4)" is a shorthand to indicate that there is a man page
21 about it in section 4, type "man mailcap" in a terminal to see it.
22
24 Aspö Data
25 Lilla Aspö 148
26 S-742 94 Östhammar